Students To Receive Recognition at Virtual Board of Education Meeting, Tuesday, May 26
This article was published on: 05/26/20 6:50 AM by Mike Minarsky
Below is the agenda for the Board of Education meeting that will take place on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 starting at 6 PM. Please note that this meeting is not on the ZOOM teleconferencing service, but will be hosted on Google Meet.
REGULAR MEETING Griswold Board of Education Video Conference Due to Coronavirus TUESDAY, 211 Slater Avenue May 26, 2020 Griswold, Connecticut 06351 6:00 PM MEETING ACCESS INFORMATION: meet.google.com/zie-mcrv-joa Phone Numbers (US)+1 256-568-8128 PIN: 303 713 837# 1. Call to Order 2. Pledge of Allegiance 3. Approval of Minutes A. Special Meeting– May 20, 2020 4. Communications
5. Hearings & Requests 6. Student Representative Report A. Katarina Bromkamp will Provide her Final Student Update to the Board
7. New Business A. Honoring our GMS CABE Student Leadership Award Recipients – Delia Bousquet, Isaiah Johnson B. Honoring our GHS CABE Student Leadership Award Recipients – Taylor Czmyr, Steven Nagel C. Honoring our GMS CAS Middle Scholar Lever Leaders – Natalie Becotte, Maxwell Brown D. Honoring our GHS CAS Visual Arts Award Recipient – Sierra Gray E. Honoring our GHS CAS Performing Arts Award Recipient – Deanna Bernard F. Honoring our GHS CAS Scholar Athlete Award Recipients – Cheyenne Zvingilas, Matthew DePonte G. Honoring our Student Representative to the Board – Katarina Bromkamp 8. Unfinished Business A. Review, Discussion, and Possible Action on Revised Policy 4112.8/4212.8—Personnel Certified/NonNepotism, 2nd Reading B. *Review and Discussion on VRIP (Voluntary Retirement Incentive Plan) as it Relates to Contract Negotiations and Staffing during the Pandemic Public Health Crisis to be held in Executive Session per CGS § 1-210(b)(9) 9. Administrators’ Reports
10. Superintendent’s Report A. Vacancies/Appointments/Resignations/Retirements B. Discussion on Policy 2400 – Recommended Evaluation Process and Timeline Flowchart
11. Committee/Board Reports A. Facilities Subcommittee Update – M. Osga
12. Other Business that May Properly Come Before the Board 13. Public Comment 14. Adjournment *The Board may go into executive session on this item(s). Please submit agenda items to Chairman or Superintendent by 3:00 p.m. on the Tuesday of the week before the meeting.