Griswold Public Schools Lists Meeting Dates for the 2019-2020 Initial Budget Proposal
Budget season is here and the proposed Educational Budget is online for your inspection. The initial budget proposal has an increase of 2.74% over last year’s budget or $743,955. You can view the initial budget proposal online at the link below.
There will be a public hearing on the Initial Budget Proposal,Monday, February 4, 2019 inside the Griswold Middle School Auditorium starting at 6 PM. There is time set aside for questions and comments from residents that will be heard by the Board of Education. Below are dates for the process of approving the budget.
Timeline & Presentations
- Monday, February 4 – Board of Education Public Hearing at GMS
- Wednesday, February 6 – Budget Presentation at GHS PAC, 6:30pm, Library Media Center
- Monday, February 11 – Board of Education Meeting – Budget
- Tuesday, March 12 – Board of Finance Meeting: Board of Education is scheduled to present adopted budget
- Monday, March 25 – Presentation by The Connecticut School Finance Project at the Griswold Board of Education meeting, 6pm, GMS
- May TBD– Annual Town Meeting on the budget. The budget goes to town wide referendum following the Town Meeting. Following
All of this information regarding the budget process is on the Griswold Public Schools website.