Furnace to Blame for Congdon Rd Explosion

This article was published on: 09/4/20 5:27 PM by Mike Minarsky

A furnace explosion rocked a home on Congdon Rd in Voluntown on Friday afternoon. The home, owned by David Salerno had its windows rattled and house shaken according to a witness on the scene.

According to WFSB channel 3,  there was a pinhole leak in a copper pipe to the furnace. The furnace was shut off so the pipe could be fixed.  When the furnace was turned back on, the homeowner went upstairs and shortly after, the furnace exploded.

No one was injured in the explosion

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *