Fire At AmericINN in Griswold Contained Quickly Friday Morning, actually A Water Heater That Started to Smoke

This article was published on: 07/8/16 1:48 PM by Mike Minarsky

AMERICINN FIRE 1 AMERICINN FIRE 3

Griswold, Jewett City, Taftville, and Lisbon all responded to a call at AmericINN Friday morning for a reported fire.  American Ambulance had 2 units on scene as well.

Hotel General Manager Laura Wheatley told Wolverine Radio this morning that an electrical unit inside the pool area started to “smoke.”  Wheatley also stated that all guests were immediately evacuated safely.  Jewett City Dept Of Public Utilities Ken Johnson also responded to the scene to assist.  There were no injuries reported within the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *